Friday, February 13, 2009

I can dry my hair in Chinese!

So I just found my fortune from my Wednesday adventure.

I had forgotten to bring lunch to work, so I decided to be brave and try something new. There was a really, really small (as in just a take-out/barely no room to stand to order/ultimate hole-in-the-wall) Chinese place right up the street from work called the Peking Garden (I think?), and I was really missing Chinese food. So I went there and ordered sweet and sour chicken, which was amazing and came with fried rice, an egg roll and a fortune cookie! And I just found the fortune cookie fortune in my purse!

It really confused me when I first pulled it out of the cookie because the title was "Learn Chinese," and then told me how to say "to dry hair" and showed me the characters. Pronounced: Chui feng. So now I'm set for when I visit Tracy in Beijing! But I was like, "This isn't a fortune! I feel so jipped!" It gave me my lucky numbers, one of which was 17, which IS my favorite number, but that wasn't enough to overrule the lack of fortune.

Then I turned it over. "You are sociable and entertaining." Yes, this might be true. So it's a fact. Not a fortune. What a sad decline of the state of fortune cookies!

And I didn't get sick from the Peking Garden. So that was a success!

Also, I really, really like walking to the Dupont Metro center after work and then taking the metro back to Union and then walking back to the apartments. The walk is just SO nice! And I like the metro and the people much, much better than the bus ride ... much, much better ... So that has been a pleasant experience these last few days!

Also, you should check out my story on evolution weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment